Taking place at London’s Albert Hall was the star-studded award ceremony on the 2nd of December with many taking home well-deserved acclaim. Among the crowd were the Middle Eastern faces that shone at the awards with Shanina Shaik and Imaan Hammam gracing the red carpet with their presence.
- Bottega Veneta with not 1 but 4 awards under it’s belt: Bagging British designer of the year womenswear, designer of the year, accessories designer of the year and brand of the year was the Italian luxury fashion house for it’s despicable creative direction in an array of categories under the lead of Daniel Lee.https://www.instagram.com/p/B5pgstzl4nA/
- Riri’s Fenty wins for its Urban Luxe: Janet Jackson presented the Game-changer Rihanna for her brainchild Fenty which has laid a diverse ‘foundation’ in everything that it does from beauty to womenswear. Having previously been nominated for her Fenty x Puma collaboration in 2017, the singer-entrepreneur was all smiles with Fenty taking the Urban Luxe award and among other cause for celebration was the release of her photo book.
- Trailblazing model Adut Akech gets crowned ‘Model of the Year’: In an revolutionary era, we’ve witnessed people of colour at the forefront in more ways than one with model Adut Akech taking charge in the fashion industry . The part-Sudanese refugee has come a long way to donning ramps for big brands from Alexander McQueen to Prada. Naomi Campbell was all praise in an embrace with Akech with words of appreciation on Instagram “My baby @adutakech congratulations ♥️ #ModelOfTheYear SO PROUD OF YOU !!!”https://www.instagram.com/p/B5qEESNBu4f/
- Giorgio Armani’s everlasting style and groundbreaking vision honored with ‘Oustanding Achievement Awards’: Veteran actresses Cate Blanchett and Julia Roberts awarded the man that adorned many with his collections in both reel and real life. With the befitting award to his name, the master maven took the opportunity to announce his Armani Privé haute couture collection.https://www.instagram.com/p/B5nNaiknqHw/
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell wins acclaim as the ‘Fashion Icon’: For the model who coined the ‘supermodel’ label winning the ‘Fashion Icon’ award seemed only inevitable. Even after years of endeavours resulting in only success, Campbell was deeply humbled to receive the title. She thanked those women of colour who came before her to create a much even passage for path-breaking individuals like herself.https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ntcXUnauc/
- Advocating sustainability, these 3 fashion brands triumphed for tireless efforts with the ‘Positive Change’ award: The collective signatories (Stella McCartney, Burberry and Nike) of the fashion industry charter for climate change were acknowledged with the award for their undertaking of the much-needed sustainable work in the fashion industry. Presenting the award to the change-makers was hijabi model Halima Aden. Also championing sustainablity on the red carpet were Joan Smalls, Karen Elson and Amber Valetta in the Swarovski and Stella McCartney conscious luxury collaboration.https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ujH-TFek5/
Cover image credits: @britishfashioncouncil